I am always looking for new lunch ideas, so when my sister and I thought of salmon patties I knew I had to do something a little different! Combining it with the sweet potato gives it a deliciously sweet flavour and hide some of the ‘fishy’ taste – so it is sure to be a favourite with everyone! Keep them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze them and take them out for lunches when you need!
Sweet Potato Salmon Patties
- 415 g tin of salmon
- 400 g Sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped coriander
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped parsley
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- Peel and roughly chop the sweet potato. Steam in the microwave or over the stove for 15mins or until soft. Then place into a large bowl and mash. Add in salmon and mash together with a fork. Add in remaining ingredients to form a thick, but wet mixture.
- Roll mixture into the size of golf balls and flatten slightly on a lined baking tray. Bake in the oven for 15-20mins, turning over once.
- Swap the tuna for salmon for something different.