Take your picnic to the next level with these delicious morsels of savoury goodness… aka the ultimate savoury muffin. They are super easy to whip together, healthy and packed with so many delicious flavours they are sure to be a ground pleaser!
These savoury muffins are perfect to keep stored in the freezer and added to lunch boxes or for an easy mid week snack! Packed with vegetables they are a great nutritious snack for kids (and adults!)
The base recipes is just 7 simple ingredients and then you can let your imagination run wild and add in all of your favourite things – or I have also listed some of my favourite additions!
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 large zucchini grated
- 1 large carrot grated
- 3/4 cup milk plant based milk can be used
- 2 eggs
- 100 g butter melted.
- 60 g black pitted olives sliced
- 100 g sun-dried tomatoes roughly chopped
- 2 sprigs of Rosemary stems removed
- 5 chives roughly chopped
- 100 g Danish Feta crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 160C and grease a muffin tray with spray olive oil.
- In a large bowl combine the flour and baking powder. Then add in carrot and zucchini. Make a well in the centre and add in the eggs, milk and butter and stir until all combined.
- Then add in your favourite flavour additions! Such as the above suggested! Stir to combine and then
- Divide the mixture among 12 muffins holes. Then bake in the oven for 25mins or until golden brown. Enjoy hot with a little butter or cold with a fresh salad!
- Freeze for up to 2 months for an easy mid week snack or addition to the lunch box!
- You can really add any flavours to the base muffins! Another of my favourites is roast pumpkin, spinach and feta!
Like this recipe? Why not try some other delicious lunch box additions!