https://www.shelleysgoodeats.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Screen-Shot-2019-12-04-at-6.04.39-am-scaled.png 1293 2560 Shelley https://www.shelleysgoodeats.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Shelleys-Good-Eats-Logo-Full.png Shelley2019-12-03 20:10:392020-07-23 16:18:34Savoury Pumpkin Scones
Savoury Pumpkin Scones
Soft savoury pumpkin scones perfect warm with a little butter or just as is for a tasty snack.
Servings 8 scones
- 3/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 cup SR Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 55 g Butter cubed and chilled
- 3/4 Cup Chedder Cheese Grated
- 1 Tbsp Chives
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sift the flour, salt and cumin into a bowl. Then rub the chilled butter into the flour to create a fine crumb. Mix in the cheese and chives. Then add in the warm milk and pumpkin puree to bring the mixture together to form a smooth dough. Dust with flour. Form a round disc (about 8inch wide) and cut into 8 wedges, alternatively use a scone cutter!
- Bake in the oven for 15-17min until they have risen and are golden.
- To make your own pumpkin puree steam or roast some pumpkin and blend for 1min until smooth.
- you can you gluten free flour for these scones as well!