Popcorn chicken with garlic aioli
- 500 g chicken breast
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups corn flakes crushed
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup garlic aioli
- Cut the chicken in to 1inch pieces and then combine it with the buttermilk in a large bowl to soak. Let sit for 10mins, or if you have the time overnight for even better flavour and moisture!
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line a large baking tray with baking paper. Crush the cornflakes in a large bowl using the back of a large spoon. Then mix in the salt and pepper. One piece at a time, pick up the chicken allowing excess buttermilk to drain off and then coat it in the corn flakes. Repeat until all chicken is coated.
- The chicken can be frozen at this stage. Just store between baking paper in an airtight container for a quick and easy snack.
- Lay the chicken out on the baking tray at least 1cm apart and then drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 20mins until crunchy and cooked through. Serve with garlic aioli.