These are amazing! I could eat these till the cows come home. Only thing I’m sure about is that there would be no leftovers.
I used to be scared of making ‘dough’ or anything remotely ‘bread’ related. But when I moved in with my partner I new I had to start making some delicious snacks – so he doesn’t just eat shapes hahah!!
Enter the pizza scrolls. You can put just about anything in them, just like a normal pizza. But this Mediterranean mix is always my favourite and even with homemade dough they don’t take longer than 20min to prepare! They are that simple!
Mediterranean Pizza Scrolls
- 50 g butter cubed
- 2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- ¼ cup Pizza Sauce or tomato Paste
- 100 g thinly sliced salami
- ½ small red onion thinly sliced
- 2-3 marinated chargrilled capsicum thinly sliced (optional)
- ¼ cup sliced black olives optional
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Use your hands to rub the butter into the flour to form a fine crumb. Then slowly add the milk using either for hands or a smooth edge of a butter knife to bring it together to form a soft dough. Dust a little extra flour onto your clean bench and then tip the dough out.
- Knead the dough for 5min until it comes together in a smooth ball. Use a floured rolling pin to roll it out to 20cm x 30cm. The dough should be between 3-5mm thick.
- Spread the dough with pizza sauce. Then layer on the salami, red onion, capsicum, black olives and ¾ of the cheese.
- Roll up like a swiss roll and then slice into 8-10 scrolls.
- Place the scrolls flat on a lined baking tray 3 cm apart and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 15min or until golden brown.