https://www.shelleysgoodeats.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Hummus3.jpeg 3008 6016 Shelley https://www.shelleysgoodeats.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Shelleys-Good-Eats-Logo-Full.png Shelley2019-05-26 04:38:022020-07-23 17:24:42Hummus with Crispy Zaartar Pita Chips
Hummus With crispy Pita chips
The ultimate creamy hummus perfect for dipping with veggies sticks or cripsy pita chips!
Servings 4 People
- 1 x 400g can Chickpeas
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large pitas
- 1 tbsp zaatar seasoning*
- Spray cooking oil
- Drain the chickpeas and pour them into a saucepan. Top with water until chickpeas are covered. Bring the chickpeas to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 10mins. This step is optional, but makes for the creamiest hummus!
- Drain the chickpeas through a colander with a jug beneath it to capture ½ cup of the cooking water.
- Add your chickpeas, tahini, and cooking water to the food processor. Processes for 1min until smooth and then add in remaining ingredients and process on high for 2mins until creamy!
- Serve with crunch pita chips.
To prepare the pita chips:
- Preheat the oven to 170Lightly spray the pita breads with spray oil and then sprinkle with zaartar. Bake in the pita chips straight on the wire oven wracks for 7-10min until golden and crunchy. Allow cooling for 5min and then using your hands break them up into rough chips.
*(or 1tsp sesame seeds, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp oregano, salt and pepper if you can’t find zaatar in your local supermarket!)