Who doesn’t love chocolate cake?
And now everyone can enjoy it! It is egg free, but still delicious, moist and super chocolatey and rich!
Make a few easy swaps to make it vegan or use gluten free flour for a delicious gluten free cake. It really is the perfect allergy friendly birthday cake!
Top the fluffy chocolate cake off with creamy whipped chocolate ganache. This is my favourite icing at the moment because its not as sweet as the usual buttercream and whipping the ganache gives it the light feeling of whipped cream!
Egg Free Chocolate Sheet Cake
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 1/4 cup caster sugar
- ½ cup Organic Time Cocoa
- 2 tps Organic Time baking soda
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cups olive oil
- 2 cups cold water
Whipped Ganache Icing
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 180 mL thickened cream
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 160 Degrees Celsius. Line a square cake tin with baking paper. In a large bowl whisk flour, sugar, cocoa and baking soda.
- In a jug or small bowl, whisk together vinegar, vanilla, olive oil and water. Then combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until fully combined. Pour into the prepared cake tin and bake in the oven for 30minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool completely before icing.
- In a small saucepan heat the cream until it just starts to bubble on the edge. Remove from heat and stir in finely chopped chocolate. Leave for 10mins before whisking with a fork to fully combine the cream and chocolate. Then allow to cool completely (30mins-1hr). Once cool beat the ganache with electric beaters for 2-3 mins until it starts to stiffen.
- Remove the cake from the tin, spread with the whipped ganache and top with sprinkles!
- To make this cake VEGAN make the icing with vegan chocolate and coconut cream!