They say a loaf is the way to a man’s heart… wait no one has ever said that.. well let it be known.
Yes my partner LOVES this loaf, and no no he still doesn’t know that it contains zucchini. Sneaky Sneaky I know. But if I can get it past him, trust me you will get it past your kids!
This Zucchini Chocolate Loaf is super moist and fudgey only needs one bowl! What more could you ask for!
Love this recipe? why not check out some of my other cake/loaf recipes!
Choc zucchini loaf
- ½ cup rice bran oil
- ½ cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups plain flour or GF plain Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarb
- 1/3 cup cacao
- 1 cup zucchini grated
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 170C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl whisk together rice brown oil and sugar for 2-3 mins until the sugar begins to dissolve. Then whish in eggs and vanilla. Use a wooden spoon to carefully fold in sifted plain flour, baking powder bicarb, cacao a little a time alternating with milk.
- The finally fold in grated zucchini and ¾ of the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared loaf tin and top with remaining chocolate chips. Bake the loaf for 45-50min until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.