https://www.shelleysgoodeats.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/chocchipcookies3.jpeg 2595 5190 Shelley https://www.shelleysgoodeats.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Shelleys-Good-Eats-Logo-Full.png Shelley2019-07-29 06:00:002019-07-22 04:12:43The Ultimate Choc Chip Cookies
Choc Chip Cookies
Everyone needs a delicious choc chip cookies in there repertoire, and this is one of the easiest out there! Soft, chewy and loaded with choc chips!
Servings 18 Cookies
- 125 g butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 caster sugar or white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat (or in the microwavand set aside to cool slightly. Pour butter into a large bowl and stir in brown sugar and caster sugar until smooth and sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Lightly beat the egg with a whisk or fork and stir into the sugar mixture along with the vanilla.
- Sift flours and baking powder together into a small bowl and then gradually mix into sugar mixture until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of the cookie mixture onto lined baking trays. Then bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden. Then remove from oven and allow to cool on trays for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.