Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta
- 500 g Chicken thigh diced
- 1 brown onion diced
- 1 zucchini grated
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup pesto
- ½ cup sour cream light
- 200 mL cup thickened cream
- 350 g wholemeal pasta
- 200 g baby spinach
- ½ cup parmesans cheese
- Cook the Pasta as per packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, Cut the chicken into small pieces, approximately 2cmx1cm pieces. Heat a large pan with olive oil, add the diced onion and zucchini and cook for 2mins and then add in chicken thigh cook until slightly browned 3mins. Reduce heat and then add in pesto, sour cream and cream. Stir to ensure that pesto is distributed evenly. Cook on low for 5-10 mins or until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add the cooked pasta into the sauce and mix it together. Serve into bowls, top with Parmesan cheese.
- Use milk or extra cream if you don’t have sour cream.
- Gluten free option: use your favourite gluten free pasta.