https://www.shelleysgoodeats.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/blueberryscones-17.jpg 3008 6016 Shelley https://www.shelleysgoodeats.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Shelleys-Good-Eats-Logo-Full.png Shelley2019-05-26 04:06:422020-07-24 09:01:35Blueberry Scones with Lemon Glaze
Blueberry Scones with Lemon Glaze
- 2 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 115 g butter cold and grated
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 170C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the plain flour and baking powder in a bowl and use your hands to rub in the butter to form a roughly crumb. Add in the egg, vanilla, lemon zest and milk and bring together with your hands or a blunt knife until it all combines together. Carefully fold in the blueberries. Be quick, so that the blueberries don’t run turning the whole batter blue.
- Tip out onto a floured bench and form into a rough 8inch circle. Cut into 8 wedges and then spread out on prepared baking tray. Bake in the oven for 10-12min until golden. Allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile prepare the glaze. Combine the icing sugar and lemon juice in a bowl. When the scones have cooled slightly drizzle with the glaze.