Pizza has NEVER been so easy!! With just 2 ingredients and 5mins you can make your very own dough. So there is no reason not to whip it up for a Friday night family pizza night!
I like to set out all the toppings and make mini pizza’s so that everyone can choose exactly what goes on theirs! This not only stops the fights, but also empowers your kids to have choice over what they eat!
Pizza has always been one of the foods referred to as ‘bad’ or ‘unhealthy’ but this is anything but! So this is the perfect meal to practice quitting the negative talk, If you have no clue what I am talking about watch this youtube clip!
You can choose your own but I have also included some of my favourite topping variations to get you started:
– Chicken Pesto: Pesto sauce, Shredded Chicken, Mushroom, Zucchini ribbons and mozzarella
– Classic Hawaiian: Tomato Paste, Shredded ham, Pineapple, Red onion and mozzarella
– Veggie loaded: Tomato paste, mushroom, red onion, zucchini ribbons, mozzarella and finish it off with pesto when its cooked!
2-ingredient Pizza Dough
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 cup SR flour
Toppings – Choose your own:
- ¼ cup Pesto
- ¼ cup Pizza sauce
- 50 g Ham shredded
- 50 g chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 50 g tin Pineapple pieces
- ½ Red onion thinly sliced
- 100 g Mushroom thinly sliced
- 1 Zucchini shaved
- 1 cup mozzarella grated
- Preheat the oven to 230C. Place a pizza stone or baking tray in the oven to start heating up. This is the key to a crisp base.
- In a bowl combine the yoghurt and SR flour. Use a wooden spoon to start, but as it comes together it is best to use your hands.
- Tip the dough out onto a flour surface. There is no need to knead this dough! Cut the ball of dough into 3 pieces. Roll each piece out to 7inch wide. Carefully place them on baking paper.
Now its time to top them with your favourite things! My suggestions:
- Classic Ham and pineapple: Spread the pizza with 1 tbsp of pizza sauce, top with 1/3 cup mozzarella, Ham, Pineapple and red onion.
- Pesto Chicken: Spread 1 Tbsp pesto on the pizza, top with 1/3 cup mozzarella, mushrooms, shredded chicken, zucchini ribbons
- Veggie Loaded: Spread with 1 Tbsp pizza sauce, top with 1/3 cup mozzarella, mushrooms, red onion, zucchini ribbons. After cooking drizzle with pesto.
- To cook place on a hot pizza stone or baking tray in the oven and bake for 10min, until the cheese is golden and base is crisp.
** if you have a pizza stone, you can also cook these in the bbq.
Like this recipe? Why not try some other delicious lunch box additions!