You will love Zucchini even more after tasting this little snack!
Hot Cross Buns
- 500 g Plain flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tsp dry active yeast
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp mixed spice
- 2 cup fruit medley
- ½ cup dried apricots roughly chopped
- ½ cup quick oats
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 500 mL warm water
- 75 g plain flour
- 5 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 tsp boiling water
- In a jug combine all of the wet ingredients. Mix all the dry ingredients together, including the fruit. Then make a well in the centre and pour in three quarters of the wet ingredients, stirring first to ensure the oats don’t stay at the bottom. Then pour the remaining liquid in and combine to make a stiff moist dough. Place cling wrap over the dough and allow to double in size.
- When doubled in size, turn dough out onto a floured surface and shape into a smooth ball. Divide dough into quarters and then divide each quarter into 3 equal pieces. Roughly shape each piece into smooth balls. Start with the first ball you shaped and reshape it by bringing the outside edges in to expel stale carbon dioxide. Place the smooth side uppermost on the tray 3 across and 4 buns down. Allow the buns to double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Brush with glaze and then combine flour and water to form a thick mixture. Using a piping bag, pipe crosses onto the buns. Then place in the oven and bake for 15-20mins on the middle shelf of the oven or until golden brown.
- *fruit Medley can be replaced with more sultanas