Sweet potato and Quinoa Patties
Completely vegan and gluten free, this patties are sure to be a crowd pleaser, even among meat eaters!
They make for the perfect burger patty or top a salad for something a little extra. Otherwise just serve with a little yoghurt for a light snack!
Sweet Potato and Lentil Patties
1 large Sweet Potato
1/3 cup quinoa
½ brown onion
1 clove garlic
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp chilli flakes
¼ cup fresh coriander – extra to serve.
1. Wrap the Sweet potato aluminum foil, and then bake in a hot oven (200C) for 30mins, or until a nice can easily go through the middle.* Meanwhile cook the quinoa as per instructions on packet, set aside.
2. Finely chop the brown onion and garlic, and sautee in a pan until they just go tender, and opaque in appearance, set aside.
3. Remove the sweet potato from the oven, and allow to cool for 10mins. Then carefully remove the skin from the sweet potato and mash in a large bowl with a fork.
4. Finely add in quinoa, cumin, onion, paprika, chili flakes and fresh coriander.
5. Mix it all together and form small discs out of 1 tbsp of mixture. Place discs on a lined tray.
6. Bake in a hot oven (200C) for 15min, then remove from oven and turn them over, return to oven for another 15mins or until golden brown.
* If short on time you can steam the sweet potato, however roasting will bring a depth of flavor and sweetness.