Raspberry Crumble Slice
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 150 g butter
- 3 cups frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder or corn starch
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 160C and line a square 8inch x 8inch baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine the plain flour, oats, baking powder and sugar. Then mix in the butter to form a firm, but slightly crumbly dough. Press half of the mixture into the baking tray and then bake in the over for 7-8mins. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling. Add the frozen berries to a saucepan and heat on a low heat for 5-10mins until they begin to break down. Stir in the arrowroot powder and caster sugar and then bring to the boil. Reduce and allow to simmer for 3min.
- Spread the berry mixture over the base and then crumble the remaining dough over the top. Return to the oven for 15-20min until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Looking for your more recipes to impress your guests? Try our favourites!
– and for something a little sweet: Blueberry scones