https://www.shelleysgoodeats.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/penangcurry2.jpeg 3008 6016 Shelley https://www.shelleysgoodeats.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Shelleys-Good-Eats-Logo-Full-Subtitle.png Shelley2019-05-26 04:30:412019-07-12 05:48:13Penang Chicken Curry
A taste of thailand in just 20mins! Super quick and easy dinner solution and perfect to freeze leftovers!
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 brown onion finely chopped
- 500 g chicken thighs cut into cubes
- 300 g pumpkin peeled and cubed
- 1 capsicum de seeded and cut into to large cubes
- ½ jar panang curry paste
- 1 can 400mL coconut cream
- 1 can bamboo shoots
- 200 g green beans cut into 1inch pieces
- In a heavy base saucepan heat the oil on a medium heat and then add the onion and fry for 2-3 min until it begins to soften and become opaque. Add in the chicken and fry for 3mins until it starts to brown. Add in the pumpkin, capsicum and curry paste. Cook for 2 mins until curry paste becomes fragrant. Then add in coconut cream. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for 20min or until pumpkin is cooked through. This is the stage that you can freeze the curry, and add your fresh greens when you reheat it!
- Mix in the bamboo shoots and green beans.
- Serve with rice, coriander and lime!