Delicious and super easy winter dinner in under 30mins. I have been eating this Minestrone Soup for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner – its that good!
I might live on the sunshine coast now, but our house is FREEZING!! So when it comes to meals I love to pick this that fill me up and warm me up!
This easy healthy Minestrone soup is exactly that! It is loaded with veggies, but you really can put any of your favourites (or old sad veg in your crisper) into this soup!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 carrots finely chopped
- 2 stick celery finely chopped
- 400 g can chickpeas
- 400 g can cannelloni beans
- 700 mL passata
- 1 L Vegetable stock
- 2 sprig thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup whole meal pasta
- 1 zucchini finely chopped (Optional)
- Serve with parsley and parmesan
- Heat the oil in a large heavy based saucepan. Then add in the onion, garlic, carrot and celery. Cook on a medium heat for 3-4min until it begins to soften.
- Then add in the chickpeas, cannelloni beans, passata, stock and herbs and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 10min. Finally add in the pasta, 2 cups water and zucchini. Cook for 10mins or until pasta is just tender.
- Top with parsley and parmesan to serve.
Looking for other delicious nourishing winter dinners? Try out these:
– pumpkin soup with crispy chickpeas