Why was the tomato blushing… because he saw the salad dressing. I know its old..
OKAY… that is my last attempt at a joke. I think it’s time to listen to the people around me – I am really not funny.
But is all seriousness this throw it all in kitchen sink salad is one of my favourite! I know I know, I say that a lot – but what I can’t say about a lot of my other recipes is that I took this to lunch about 90% of the time I worked a full time job and absolutely loved it every single day!
Use up what ever you have in the fridge, throw it in a bowl add some corn chips for crunch and a delicious super light and healthy dressing!
Kitchen Sink Salad
- ½ Iceberg lettuce shredded
- 1 cup Rocket
- 1 Lebanese cucumber diced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup corn chips
- Really any old veg you have left in the fridge!
- 3 tbsp cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp water
- Salt and pepper
- Combine lettuce and rocket then top with cucumber, cherry tomatoes and red onion and whatever other veggies you might have to use up! Crush corn chips on top!
- Combine all ingredients for the dressing together in a small bowl then drizzle over the top and serve. This salad also works perfectly for meal prep, just keep the corn chips and dressing on the side.