https://www.shelleysgoodeats.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/feature-1-5.jpg 2000 4000 Shelley https://www.shelleysgoodeats.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Shelleys-Good-Eats-Logo-Full-Subtitle.png Shelley2019-04-20 07:37:592019-05-25 05:00:24Haloumi Freekah Salad
This Salad is super healthy and super TASTY! In my opinion this salad goes well with a simple side of protein such as the crispy popcorn chicken!
Freekeh and Haloumi Salad
Haloumi on salad, say no more!... Freekah provides a delicious nutty flavour that compliments the salty haloumi, and not to mention the pop for fresh pomegrante.
- 1 cup Freekah*
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber diced
- 1 pomegranate
- 150 g Haloumi
- 1/4 cup oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Cook Freekah per packet instructions and then allow to cool completely. Then stir through the spinach, red onion and cucumber.
- To prepare the pomegranate, cut it in half and then put it in the palm of your hands (seeds facing dowover a bowl and firmly tap it with a wooden spoon. All of the pomegranate seeds should pop out. Remove any white pith that falls out.
- Stir the pomegranate through the salad and then dress with oil and balsamic vinegar. Set aside and prepare the Haloumi.
- Heat a small non stick fry pan. Slice the Haloumi into 3mm thick slices and then place the Haloumi slices on the hot fry pan. Cook for 1-2min on either side until brown. Layer the Haloumi on top of the salad.
- *feel free to use quinoa or brown rice if you don't have freekah on hand!