https://www.shelleysgoodeats.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/chocchipcookies3.jpeg 2595 5190 Shelley https://www.shelleysgoodeats.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Shelleys-Good-Eats-Web-Logo.png Shelley2019-07-29 06:00:002019-07-22 04:12:43The Ultimate Choc Chip Cookies
Choc Chip Cookies
Everyone needs a delicious choc chip cookies in there repertoire, and this is one of the easiest out there! Soft, chewy and loaded with choc chips!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Servings 18 Cookies
- 125 g butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 caster sugar or white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat (or in the microwavand set aside to cool slightly. Pour butter into a large bowl and stir in brown sugar and caster sugar until smooth and sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Lightly beat the egg with a whisk or fork and stir into the sugar mixture along with the vanilla.
- Sift flours and baking powder together into a small bowl and then gradually mix into sugar mixture until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of the cookie mixture onto lined baking trays. Then bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden. Then remove from oven and allow to cool on trays for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.