On the table in just 15min, this teriyaki salmon bowl is super easy, delicious and nourishing! I love making bowls just like this for dinner or lunch on the weekend – because my partner loves them too (minus the mushrooms!).
Rice, protein and veggie bowls like this are a perfect balance of macronutrients for a main meal to nourish your body and keep you full for a long time (aka reaching those satiety levels!).
Teriyaki Salmon Bowl
- 2 x salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200 g mushrooms thinly sliced
- 200 g frozen shelled edamame
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 1 x 250g precooked brown rice bag
- Combine oyster sauce, soy sauce and maple syrup in a bowl. Marinate the salmon fillets in the sauce for 5mins while you prepare the vegetables.
- Heat the olive oil in a fry pan. Add in the mushrooms and cook for 2mins. Add in the salmon fillets skin side down. Pour over any remaining sauce from the bowl.
- Cook the salmon for 4minutes and then flip and cook for another 2-3mins. At this point your salmon will still be slightly pink inside, so keep on heat longer if preferred well done. Stir the mushrooms every few minutes to avoid burning.
- Meanwhile heat the broccolini and edamame in the microwave for 2mins. Remove from microwave and set aside. Heat the brown rice.
- Serve all together and top with additional sesame seeds and chili flakes if desired.